Filed under Activities, News, Showcase

Saving Lives

On Wednesday,November 18th FSA had their annual blood drive. American Red Cross came to school and allowed students 16 or older to donate blood. Photo by Aztryd Lima.

On Wednesday, November 18th,  FSA (Future Scientists of America) had their annual blood drive. Students 16 or older were granted the opportunity to donate blood for the American Red Cross. The event started at 8 of the morning to 12 of the afternoon. Many students donated blood, but others that were not old enough to donate went as volunteers. Many had mixed emotions on whether to give or not to give. “I second guessed myself, but at the end I did it. I don’t regret my decision at all, it was a great experience,” Giovanni Ornelas said. Ornelas was one of the many students that donated two pints of blood.

The event had much success from students volunteering to students giving blood. “I personally thought that they [FSA] did a great job and I really enjoyed donating,” Guadalupe Mora said. This year was Sponsor Sara Miriovsky’s first year being in charge of the blood drive. This has been a year of change for FSA. They planned and succeeded. FSA besides having done the blood drive will be in charge of the annual dodgeball tournament.  They will also have many more events to come.